Organisation Environmental Impact
The carbon footprint is just one kind of impact that any organisation has upon it environment. For a more complete image of the organisation’s environmental impact, a more complete insight is needed. This can be obtained using the same P5 Impact analysis tool, offered by Green Project Management. Originally designed for defining a project’s environmental impact, this tool is equally applicable and useful for the insight.
Applied to the organisational as an entity, rather than a project, the P5 Analysis brings the attention to many aspects of the environmental impact, categorised in to several groups:
- Product, focusing on the sustainability aspects of the products and services offered by an enterprise, or any other organisation
- Processes, focusing on the sustainability aspects of the technological, business and support processes
- People, focusing on many human aspects of the business operations and the organisation’s social impacts
- Planet, focusing on the natural environment impacts of the organisation
- Profit, focusing on the profitability of the business activity, in relation to the other focuses, the social environment and the natural environment in particular
A profound environmental impact analysis, for which the P5 matrix offers a useful tool gives a foundation for a sustainability strategy of an organisation, which, in the next step will be translated into a portfolio of projects and programmes aiming at the maximisation of the positive impacts and the reduction of the negative impacts.
What will we do?
- Through a facilitated workshop we will carry out a P5 Impact Analysis for the organisation
- We will deliver a dedicated report outlining the specific impacts, as a foundation for a sustainability strategy and a sustainability portfolio
What are the benefits?
- Full knowledge and awareness of the organisation’s impacts on its environment
- A starting point for a sustainability strategy