Fundamentals of Project Management
The objective of this training is twofold. First, to give the participants a set of fundamental tools and techniques of project management, useful in projects of different kinds and scales. The training focuses on the technical layer of project management, which is often weak or missing from the formal trainings, particularly those leading to certifications. Second, the training will introduce the participants to a variety of project management approaches, with intention to help them chose a further path, towards professional certifications such as PMI PMP, PRINCE2, or Agile. Over the last several decades there has been a proliferation of methods, approaches and frameworks, and it is far from easy to chose the project working methods, away from hype and publicity, often generated by certification industry.
Certifications are valuable and useful, as confirmation of knowledge acquired and as a way of standardisation of project management within an organisation. But more important than that is the right choice of a method or an approach, that serves best the kind of project undertaken by an organisation. Or the right combination of methods, a method mix, that will cover the greatest possible range of an organisation’s project management needs.
The training will offer the participants an insight into such a mix and so allow the informed decisions concerning project management methodologies, together with further personal and professional development.
… and for whom?
- Aspiring and practicing project managers
- Project management officers
What are the benefits?
- Knowledge of the existing project management methods and approaches, opening paths for further learning and informed certification
- Learning of the key tools and techniques belonging to different methods
- Noticing the possibilities of combining different fireworks, tools and techniques
- Awareness of the diversity of methods and frameworks, permitting a well informed choice of further development, including professional certification.
Three training days
On-site or on-line
Participant support after the training
In English or in French